Re: pine doesn't handle pgp signed messages (was Re: New uploads)

In article <Pine.SUN.3.93.960516161541.11165B-100000@bert.eecs.uic.edu> you write:
>On Wed, 15 May 1996, Syrus Nemat-Nasser wrote:
>> I recently visited the pine developer's page, and found that support for
>> PGP is somewhere on their wishlist for future releases.  I don't think
>> there's much hope of getting support real soon.
>I think 3.93 (The latest) has the hooks requred to integrate pgp in.

Huh? 3.92 has the necessary hooks, and is a lot less buggy than 3.93. I'm
using 3.92 every day and it handles checking signatures, decrypting as
necessary, and offering (unobtrusively) to sign/encrypt when I send mail
reasonably tidily. I needed to write a small shell script to get it all
working this well, but it wasn't hard.

Dave Holland      Trinity Hall, Cambridge, UK      dave@chiark.chu.cam.ac.uk