Re: pine doesn't handle pgp signed messages (was Re: New uploads)

Ian Jackson writes:
> This is not a bug in Pine (wow!)  It's a bug in whatever program
> Michael Meskes is using to generate is messages.  They say, in the
> headers:

I use elm and sign with hitting p and s in the menu.

Package: elm
 Elm is a mail user agent (MUA) for Debian.
 .
 An MUA is the visible part of the mail system - It interacts with
 the user to display, store, create and send mail.
 .
 Other MUAs may may be used on the same system as elm without
 causing problems.
 .
 In order to make use of elm you must have a single mail transport
 agent such as smail or sendmail installed.  If you wish to send
 messages other than just to other users of your system you must
 also have appropriate networking support in the form of IP or uucp.
 .
 This version of Elm also has patches to allow it to work more
 comfortably with PGP (Pretty Good Privacy), a program to keep
 prying eyes where they don't belong.

Package: pgp-i
 Pretty Good Privacy is general-purpose public key encryption
 system written by Philip Zimmerman.  It is often used in email
 conversations where confidentiality and integrity are important.
 .
 It is VERY IMPORTANT that you read the documentation (installed
 in /usr/doc/pgp) before attempting to use PGP.  If you do not
 do so you will probably lose any security you might gain from
 PGP, and not even realise that you have lost it.
 .
 This version of PGP is the `International' version from Stale
 Schumacher.  It is somewhat faster, and has more useful features.
 However, it does not have a licence for its use of the RSA
 cryptosystem, on which some nasty people claim a patent.

> Michael: if you must do this please use at least

I do not set any header myself. I just use elm as usual.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes                   |    _____ ________ __  ____
meskes@informatik.rwth-aachen.de |   \__ \/ /_  / // /_/ /_/ / _ \/ ___/ ___/