Re: Package naming rules.

In message <[🔎] 199605071714.KAA25871@bb29c.mdd.comm.mot.com>, Bill Mitchell writes:
>recently remarked, renaming packages is a pain.  I don't think that we
>should lightly make a change which would require renaming 77 packages
>which are currently in distribution.

I don't understand why people keep saying renaming packages is hard ---
REPLACES: + CONFLICTS: = renamed package.  Am I missing something?

Now, I also think the "right" way to do this is to create tools for most
common scripting languages so they can get the info from within the .deb
file, rather than trying to coax it out of the file name.

Mike.
--
"Don't let me make you unhappy by failing to be contrary enough...."