Re: Cern-httpd and apache

Ian Jackson wrote:

> Steve Greenland writes ("Re: Cern-httpd and apache"):
> > So should I change the init.d script to cern-httpd? It seems like
> > I should also change the configuration file to cern-httpd.conf (I
> > think it's currently httpd.conf, can't check this right now)
>
> Yes, I think so.  (However, you were first - I'd say that it's more
> true that apache should change.)

As the maintainer of Apache, I feel the need to speak ;-)

Can we make it a general rule that the "virtual packaeg names"
are off-limits for config directories and init.d scripts and
log file directories?

This will prevent future conflicts of the same nature.

Apache 1.0.3-2 will be fixed in this way.

Mark

--
Mark Shuttleworth
Thawte Consulting cc.