Re: Cern-httpd and apache

'Mark Shuttleworth wrote:'

>Ian Jackson wrote:
>>
>> Steve Greenland writes ("Re: Cern-httpd and apache"):
>> > So should I change the init.d script to cern-httpd? It seems like
>> > I should also change the configuration file to cern-httpd.conf (I
>> > think it's currently httpd.conf, can't check this right now)
>>
>> Yes, I think so.  (However, you were first - I'd say that it's more
>> true that apache should change.)
>
>As the maintainer of Apache, I feel the need to speak ;-)
>
>Can we make it a general rule that the "virtual packaeg names"
>are off-limits for config directories and init.d scripts and
>log file directories?

I'm quite certain that /etc/init.d files are already mentioned in the
Guidelines as Should have the same name as the package.  I'm less sure
about log files, but it makes a lot of sense.  Ian, if it's not there
already could you add that footnote?

--
Christopher J. Fearnley            |    UNIX SIG Leader at PACS
cjf@netaxs.com                     |    (Philadelphia Area Computer Society)