Re: Cern-httpd and apache

Ian Jackson wrote:

> I suspect that both apache and cern-httpd use /etc/init.d/httpd.
>
> This is a bad thing, because it (a) confuses dpkg rather and (b)
> prevents you from installing both packages and having different
> /etc/init.d scripts for them (easily).

So should I change the init.d script to cern-httpd? It seems like
I should also change the configuration file to cern-httpd.conf (I
think it's currently httpd.conf, can't check this right now)

Or is this a place to use update-alternatives? Somehow, that doesn't
feel right.

Steve Greenland

--
The Mole - I think, therefore I scream

			"As Mayor of Houston, it gives me great pleasure to
			 award you this Texas Freedom Award and a gold
			 Neiman Marcus charge card."
[Foo-fa-raa in BADGER]