RE: de-supporting the 1.2 kernel

On 23-Jan-96 Bruce Perens wrote:
>>On Thursday, Linus declared the code freeze in preparation for issuing
>a stable 1.4 kernel.
>
>At this point I'd like to de-support the 1.2 kernel for our upcoming
>1.1 release. The ramdisk interface has changed a whole lot, and I'd
>rather only support one of them. The interfaces of a lot of other
>things have changed as well. There is important device driver support
>in 1.3 that does not exist in 1.2 . The 1.3 kernel is now a good bit
>faster than 1.2 . 1.3 does not seem to be significantly buggy at this
>point.
>
>The current kernel version is 1.3.58 . Linus is in the US for more than
>two weeks, so that kernel won't be changing for a while. Simon has uploaded
>1.3.57 (it's in Incoming) and I guess he'll be able to upload 1.3.58 soon.
>
>Comments?

Yes!

I'll have 1.3.58 uploaded to debian.org in the next couple of days.  Right now t
here
is a lot of noise about compilation problems (I do not see these) and others and
 linus
is getting a suntan in California.

Sincerely Yours,
Simon

Simon Shapiro                       i-Connect.Net, a Division of iConnect Corp.
Shimon@i-Connect.Net                13455 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 140
503.677.2911                        Beaverton, OR 97008