Re: symlink in /usr/include (fwd)

'Ian Murdock wrote:'

>How about installing the kernel headers directly in /usr/include,
>rather than linking them into /usr/src?  I always assumed this was
>standard kernel practice.  Apparently, I was wrong.  Are there any
>opinions on the subject?

The only problem I see would be if I upgrade my kernel from non-debian
sources.  But then I'd be someone who knows what I'm doing, I suppose.
And what about systems with multiple kernel trees in /usr/src --
wouldn't you want each to have it's own /usr/include updated by make
before each build?

A brief look at the kernel source didn't answer these questions for
me.  What does our kernel maintainer think.

--
Christopher J. Fearnley            |    UNIX SIG Leader at PACS
cjf@netaxs.com (finger me!)        |    (Philadelphia Area Computer Society)