Re: bumping the version number

>> It seems like this will cause the mirrors carrying 1.0 to download
>> the whole tree again.  If we're going to do that, perhaps we should
>> have the debian-development (or whatever) be the directory tree and
>> debian-1.<whatever> be a symlink to it.  That way, the next bump of
>> the version number wouldn't cause massive downloading (or so I would
>> think).

> just FYI that has already happened. All mirror sites have probably done
> the equivelant of an rm -rf debian-1.0 already since we moved the tree.

Indeed - my mirror deleted the tree - fortunately I have a backup.

Alvar Bray

Meiko Limited        Phone:    +44 1454 616171
650 Aztec West       Fax:      +44 1454 618188
Bristol BS12 4SD     E-Mail:   alvar@meiko.co.uk
England              WWW:      http://www.meiko.com

Via: Debian GNU/Linux from home.