Re: RFS: capbattleship/1.0~alpha4-1 -- pirate battleship board game

Hi Fabien

That was fast!

>> debian/copyright:
>> - assets/fonts/DejaVuSans.ttf embedded license information contains
>> additional copyright by Tavmjong Bah.
> For this file (which is taken from debian's fonts-dejavu-core
> package), I copied the /u/s/d/fonts-dejavu-core/copyright entry.
> Should I add an entry about Tavmiong Bah?

No. I think it is fine.

>> - files in locale/ have copyright notices different from what you wrote
>> (fr, en) and some have template notices without any name or year (.pot
>> file, de, it, nb_NO).
> Here, upstream (me) uses a collaborative platform to ease the
> translation (weblate). There, contributors accept to put their
> contributions on MIT license. Rather than keeping tracks of the
> copyright in the .po/.pot files, contributors are listed in LICENSE
> file. Now all the translators are listed.
> Should I try to convince upstream (heh) to keep the headers from the
> .po/.pot files up-to-date?

Ideally, yes.
Or remove them if it is too cumbersome, as the contributors are already
listed in the LICENSE file.
But in any case, you should not leave incorrect ones.

> Before receiving your review, I made a few changes to the packaging,
> mainly because of new upstream releases. You'll find them with:
>
>    git diff 971c236c f4079e62 -- debian/
>
> Or you can go here and search for "debian/" (not sure if I can limit
> the diff to a directory)
>

> https://salsa.debian.org/captnfab-guest/capbattleship/-/compare/971c236c...f4079e62#9c96da0e9f91d7d8937b69b524702c106258f0d1
>

> Fixes from your review are commit b6f05757 and following.

OK. I think I can figure out the technical details on my own. ^^

Best regards,
Vincent