Re: RFS: capbattleship/1.0~alpha4-1 -- pirate battleship board game

Hi Fabien,

I have reviewed your package more thoroughly.

After building your package, you should test it with lintian, which
automatically checks packaging practices.
When I ran it on your package (with "-i -I -E --pedantic" options), I
found the following:
- your package is missing an upstream metadata file,
- the Standards-Version is out of date (4.5.1 is the newest one),
- the short description of the package should be a single descriptive
phrase (and without the final period). For instance, "pirate battleship
board game".

debian/changelog:
I do not know why you have several entries even though the package is
not yet in Debian.
Perhaps you needed it for mentors, but for the main archive, you
probably do not have to keep track of what happened before the package
is accepted.
In any case, the ITP bug should be marked as closed in the latest entry.

debian/control:
- if you want to maintain it under the umbrella of the Games Team, you
need to put the team as Maintainer (Debian Games Team
<pkg-games-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>), and yourself as Uploaders;
- for a better legibility, you should put new lines between dependencies
(except if there are several options such as python3-pygame-sdl2 |
python3-pygame);
- where are the CREDITS files mentioned in the description?
- there are some typos: pirate-themed, board game.

debian/copyright:
- assets/fonts/DejaVuSans.ttf embedded license information contains
additional copyright by Tavmjong Bah.
- files in locale/ have copyright notices different from what you wrote
(fr, en) and some have template notices without any name or year (.pot
file, de, it, nb_NO).
- for the text of the CC0-1.0 license, you can refer to the full text
located at /usr/share/common-licenses/CC0-1.0.

When these remarks are addressed, the package will be ok for me.

Concerning the Salsa repository, I suggest you use the --pristine-tar
option when importing a new tarball with gbp.
This allows to regenerate exact copies of pristine upstream tarballs
from the content of the repository.

Since you happen to be upstream, I also have a few recommendations:
- in the in-game credits, the GPL license is mentioned (I guess it
should not), and there is a typo in French: sonnore -> sonore;
- in the LICENSE file, bn.py is mentioned but not present. More
generally, words are missing, sub-directories should be specified (where
are gfx and sfx?), locales -> locale.
You might also consider adding license/copyright headers to your source
files.

If you have any question, just ask.
You do not need to CC me, as I am in the mailing list.

Best regards,
Vincent