Re: Concern about racism and sexism in Supertuxkart 0.9

On 05/03/2015 07:40 AM, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:

Freedom is about as little censorship as possible (except extreme cases).
Freedom is what we should be protecting even if it leaves someone offended.
That is the price and it is just not possible to please everybody with
censorship.

Dmitry, do you remember over a year ago when a game was proposed that had the end goal of raping and torturing women?? We ALL went ballistic on that one. The reason? It was illegal, at least in this country. Since Debian is hosted in the US, then US laws had to be upheld. Yet, we didn't censor the game. We didn't have to. It was plainly illegal to distribute it here. And, the majority of opinion was from men.

With regard to some "rating system", why not just include a suggested age group in the descriptions?? We already have a games list for children. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html