Re: One last WorldForge project library

Ok, got things tidied up. Specific comments below.

On 10/21/2014 03:07 PM, Tobias Frost wrote:

- patch 003-manpage-to-section-6.patch
You shouldn't patch autogenerated files (Makefile.in) as they should be
autogenerated by autoreconf

I'm just moving the Makefile.in from the man1 directory to the man6 directory, no changes to the file. Is there a better way to deal with this situation? Should I just delete Makefile.in and not worry about recreating it? I left this as I had it before but I'll be happy to change that if there's a better way of dealing with this.

- d/control
There are trailing whitespaces. I suggest to run wrap-and-sort(1),

Oh, great tool!! Thanks, I hadn't read about that in any of the new maintainer documentation. Ran that on all the files. Very nice!

- d/changelog:

<snip>
(I'm not sure about this, just a reminder:) You shouldn't add Stephen as
uploader unless he you have previously agreed with him on this.

Hmm, good point. Well, I sent him an email to confirm but my understanding was that we were jointly working on the libraries and the client and I was working solo just on the server [1]. He also originally authored the majority of the changes in this update. Since we wrote that wiki together I'm comfortable listing him. If he lets me know otherwise I'll definitely respect his wishes and remove him.

I would also not indent that information but put it on the first level.
Hard to word this right, so, I mean, write this:

   * New upstream release
   * New maintainer (Closes: #653974)
   * Team maintained under the Debian Games Team
   (...)

Ok, sure. If you think that's simpler and easier to understand. Done. :)

- d/control
-> I think  Multi-Arch: same  is missing for the library package,
see https://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/Implementation for the necessary
bits (like the Pre-Depends: you'll need)

Ah, yes. Updated.

- d/docs
Don't install TODO, it has not information for the user

Good point, removed.

Please ask upstream if they could line-wrap README to 80 chars
(actually, I would patch this in the package and submit the patch
upstream)

Done and done. :)

Thats it :) Package looks very fine, please take a look at above points
and let me know when ready. Many thanks for adopting the package!

Ok, I think that's everything for this package. Please let me know if there's anything else that you'd like me to look at.

Speaking of looking at, the Atlas[2] and Mercator[3] library packages are uploaded as well; as is the long-awaited Cyphesis server[4]! I'm really looking forward to having Cyphesis back in the repos since it was removed almost three years ago now. Please let me know if you'll be able to look at those as well.

Thanks!!

-Olek

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Games/WorldForge
[2] https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-games/atlas-cpp.git/