Re: childsplay 2.x - basic queries

On 5/3/14, Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto@debian.org> wrote:
> El Sat, May 03, 2014 at 07:39:34PM +0530, shirish शिरीष va escriure:
>> Incidentally, childsplay 2.6.2 landed today at the releases page as
>> well. I have filed a bug in that as well.
>
> I have not recived the bug yet, but the updated package is uploading now
> (the
> changes where minimal and being behind the same day the package is uploaded
> debian makes no sense).

I meant an upstream bug, filed at childsplay savannah bug page.

>> What would be the best way to send the patches to him ? I could open a
>> bug and put either all the patches that you have made attaching each
>> single patch or putting all the patches in some archive (.tgz/.zip or
>> rar)
>
> Right now I don't really know how the project development is working, I was
> subscribed to the former development list, but things have moved around and
> I don't know where the development is being handled now... I guess that bugs
> to the savannah project should be the place to go:
>
>   https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/childsplay
>
> I would open a bug for each patch.
>
> Greetings,
>
>   Sergio.
>
> --
> Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto@debian.org>   <http://people.debian.org/~sto/>
> Key fingerprint = 29DF 544F  1BD9 548C  8F15 86EF  6770 052B  B8C1 FA69

While my mirror hasn't got the 2.6.2 release, it did get the 2.6.1
release. There seemed to be only one patch in that one, at least under
/debian/patches

/debian/patches$ ls
fix-sqlalchemy-exceptions-import.diff  series

AFAIU the packaging process, the childsplay_1.6.orig.tar.gz is the
upstream tarball, the .dsc is the culmination of the efforts made in
childsplay_1.6-1.debian.tar.gz

If i'm looking at the wrong place, please let me know. Or if the
patches were made in 2.6.2 please let me know that as well.
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com