Re: Hello, I want to participate.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 7:25 AM, Michal Bien wrote:

> I ran into so many problems with aleph one packaging that I'm not sure I'll
> even start with warsow. To be honest, debian packaging system is a crazy
> nightmare for someone who is unfamilliar with it (compared to archlinux's
> PKGBUILD's).

If you have any specific questions about packaging, please don't
hesitate to ask them on the Debian mentors list and or IRC channel.

> Anyway it doesn't discourage me, but I'd prefer to do something different,
> so my last question is: are there some debian projects where I could help as
> C/C++ or Python coder, and where help is highly needed?

Things like dpkg/apt/sbuild are good targets for use of C/C++ knowledge.

There are a lot of Debian services and tools written in Python, for
example the ftp archive, mentors, snapshot, wiki, derivatives census,
DDE, UDD, the new PTS, NM, contributors site, deb.li, debtags, ud,
security tracker, debsecan, distromatch, planet, portfolio service and
probably more.

Basically, pick a part of Debian and probably it needs people to help out.

https://wiki.debian.org/Services

--
bye,
pabs