Re: ufo-ai: can we make it?

On Sat, 6 Jul 2013 06:38:46 Markus Koschany wrote:
> Possibly the greatest problem is the huge size of the data files. The
> source tarball is uncompressed ~900 MB large. If we were lucky we could
> compress all files by 20-25 %.

It is uncompressed because it contains 11 zip files.  However if we
re-compress each zip file with xz and ship 11 data packages that
create corresponding zip files from their data then perhaps size can
be reduced a bit. I tried to re-compress some zip files to xz:

 * 0maps.pk3 (~225 MiB to ~151 MiB)
 * 0textures.pk3 (~208 MiB to 195 MiB)

--
Best wishes,