Re: Next Games Team Meeting

On Fri, 05. Jul 12:01 Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> Comments:
>
> We've experimented with non-doodle options before, there should be
> links on either the parties or meetings pages for previous events.
> Alternatively check the Freedombox leaving the cloud wiki page, I
> think some were added there.

Thanks for the hint. The wiki page about Freedombox led me to dudle. I
think i'll try that first.

https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/?lang=de

Other points noted, thanks.

[...]

> On the jessie release goals; I don't think Debian has enough artists
> to accomplish the first one so we would have to look to various forums
> for free game devs.

Exactly. I had two ideas in mind. Announcing it on blogs, planets and
forums and then ask users to create new high resolution icons or to send in a
patch that uses imagemagick at build time to convert an existing image
into png and xpm icons. Maybe we could turn this into a game so that
we offer some kind of reward for contributors who send in the most
icons/patches in a given period. Well, i am thinking out loud here but i
guess we need something to attract them.

> Maybe we could write a automated tracker for these
> goals, something based on UDD perhaps. I would also add a screenshot
> for every game should be a goal too.
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/UltimateDebianDatabase

Good idea. The last time i checked

http://screenshots.debian.net/packages/games_without_screenshots

i found quite a few binary packages like debug or server packages that
won't necessarily need a screenshot. Would it be possible to sort them
out and make the other packages more visible?

So far I don't know much about UDD but my first thought was to simply
define a usertag for the BTS and to apply it to all bugs in question
thus we can track them easily.

Markus