Re: SDL games not restoring the previous multi-head setup

I demand that Emmanuel Kasper may or may not have written...

[SDL breaking multi-head setups]
> As a co maintainer of a SDL program starting fill screen by default, the
> mame arcade emulator, I would like to have your feed back on that one.

> If you start mame and then exit it, does it breaks your multi head setup?
> If yes then I would change the default startup mode to windowed mode. I
> don't have a multi head set up to test.

MAME is evidently one of the good ones: it doesn't break things at all. It
leaves the second monitor (I have two) on; ltrace shows that, while it does
actually set full-screen mode, the mode which it requests is 2560×1024, which
exactly covers both monitors. (Both are 1280×1024; I don't know how it would
handle it if they were mismatched. I suspect that it would cope well...)

--
| Darren Salt  | linux or ds at  | nr. Ashington, |  _  ASCII ribbon
| using Debian | youmustbejoking | Northumberland | ( ) campaign against
| GNU/Linux    | ,demon,co,uk    |                |  X  HTML e-mail
                                                    / \ www.asciiribbon.org
Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.