Re: Quake versions [was Re: RFS: quakespasm (2nd try)]

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 12:30:34AM +0200, Stephen Kitt wrote:
> They're actually not packed, they're just in a hopnotic or rogue folder on
> the CD. I've pushed my changes to support both mission packs, and version
> 1.06 of Quake, to the quake branch on git.

Wonderful -- I'll take a look.  One thing I considered for the "guess" method
would be

 a) look at all mounted filesystems
 b) for any NTFS ones,
    1) look for /progra~1/steam/steamapps/common\ files/quake* (or whatever -
       and considering all possible case combinations)
    2) install if found

> I'd also like to add a non-dying version of verify_md5sum so that alternative
> sums can be checked,

Yes I started to want that too.  I think I handled it in some way with the doom
support (warning rather than dying if your IWAD was out of date) but I probably
re-implemented a lot of it instead.  Fixing would be better.  Something like
"warn_unless_md5sum" and "die_unless_md5sum" perhaps.

--
Jon Dowland