Re: Quake versions [was Re: RFS: quakespasm (2nd try)]

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 12:21:27AM +0200, Stephen Kitt wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 22:30:53 +0100, Jon Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:
> > Steven, this is *incredibly* useful, thank you!
>
> You're welcome! It occurred to me after sending the email that as a result of
> all that, it may be interesting to have quake-registered depend on
> quake-shareware, and offer to download the shareware version (in a fashion
> similar to the Quake III Arena support)...

That is an interesting idea, worth exploring.

> I got my Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution of Eternity CDs back out ;-)

Excellent.  I bought them via steam, so the support I could implement/test is
limited to pointing at a directory with the 'rogue' or 'hipnotic' dirs in it,
and checking sums.   How were they packed on the CD?