Re: Thoughts about removing vegastrike from the archive

On 13/06/2010 21:02, Loïc Martin wrote:
> The music itself is an easier target. It's 156MB in upstream's
> archive, but half of that is wasted encoding Mono audio in a Stereo
> file, and since the audio is computer generated in the first place you
> can downsize it to 50MB without losing the quality.

That's interesting. If it's computer generated, could it conceivably be
procedurally generated in real time? That would result in a much more
significant saving.

Does anyone know how willing upstream are to accept space-saving changes
which do not compromise quality?
> However, I don't know what the maximum size
> limit is for Debian.

I've asked in the past and never had a straight answer, unfortunately,
which makes working on such a problem very hard.