Re: packaging sfxr

Miriam Ruiz wrote:

<snip>

2008/11/18 Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@hhs.nl>:
It is a tad Debian- and git-centric (not saying that is bad, just noting
it), but this might be a good place to:

1) keep common patchsets that can be applied over upstream

2) create new upstream sites where original upstream is dead

I believe 2 is the best to do, because then we don't need buy in from other
distro's. They will sooner or later notice, or be noticed by their users
that a new upstream release is out, that way we can share our work without
having to actively push it. And who knows, people from all places including
dyi builds of the games might go sending in patches.

This also takes away some of the security concerns. As consuming an upstream
tarbal with the risk of it containing something nasty is part of the usual
processes for a distro.

It's OK for ma, but in that case, if we're gonna be upstream, it'll be
better to have a repository there too and not just some tarballs.

Ack.

Regards,

Hans