Re: packaging sfxr

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 10:58, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@hhs.nl> wrote:

> I think you're thinking too much Debian-ess here, Debian (AFAIK) has a
> rather weird setup with different groups using different VCS's

When your 10 GiB repo has reached commit 100,000 you might think
differently ;)
The beauty of small repos is that they can easily feed into large ones,
as well. I.e. I would try and keep the test repos I have been ranting about
small and focused. git supports meta-repositories which can collect
other repos into a large one.

> Yes, I think that would be a good idea, go ahead. I wouldn't count on us
> succeeding in defining one way to get to the actual per distro patches
> though, I think we need to have a modular collection engine, which has per
> distro plugins.

Ah, yes. If I hadn't skimmed this part, I would not have suggested the
whole modular thing. Did not want to steal your idea :) I agree that
distro- and even cooperation-agnostic scripts & systems would be
best.

Richard