Re: [Question for the whole list, please read] Vegastrike 0.5.0 Packages Ready

Hi,

> It is worth it, not because of upstream bugfixes, but because of local
> bugfixes. In case there's a bug in local packaging, fixing just one
> package would reduce traffic between Debian mirrors and the traffic
> caused by users that are updating. Both would make ftp masters and
> mirror hosters happier :)

Although I will not have the time to implement it, let me propose
something else: Similarly to pristine-tar apt could be enhanced to
download differences between Debian packages. This would at least make
users happier (there could be a limit, say packages >= 100MB get diffs).
Mirror updates would also be a lot faster (given they implement this),
only mirror storage would increase.

Just a thought

Helmut