Re: rott and grub-invaders packages under team maintainance

Fabian Greffrath wrote:
Hans de Goede schrieb:
I used the latest winrott, the version you point to is winrottGL, which is very much different (it uses openGL rendering), and was too different to easily backport any changes to the iculus.org rott Linux port.

Ah, allright. It seems I've mixed these two up.

However, I've had a closer look at your patchset yesterday and have added the few missing parts to be compatible with the former Debian patchset again. Everything compiles and seems to work fine. :)

Nevertheless, for my taste the patchset is still much too invasive, given that it's mainly applied for the gain of a high resolution renderer. Isn't it possible to port the renderer to the icculus port without pulling in megabytes of winrott code?

Thats what I've done, the high res renderer changes are a megabyte patch, they mostly change some constants to variables all over the place. The really lines changes size is less dramatic:

[hans@localhost devel]$ wc -l rott-1.0-winrott.patch
5511 rott-1.0-winrott.patch

[hans@localhost devel]$ diffstat rott-1.0-winrott.patch

So it adds about 2k lines, which IMHO isn't so bad.

Regards,

Hans