Re: Newer vegastrike : can we package that big ?

  Hello,

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Alexander Schmehl <tolimar@debian.org> wrote:
>  >  I like the idea, but then the major drawback is we can't include the
>  >games in main, as their dependencies won't be satisfied anymore -
>  >unless exceptions would be made for such cases ?
>
>  Try to create a minimal data package, which can be shipped in main, so
>  your package can stay in main.

  I sincerely doubt that is possible: shall I remove 90% of the world
? Shall I downscale the textures so they weight 10 times less ? In
both cases, you get a game which is far from fun to play, and
therefore does not really qualify as game anymore: I really don't
think that this is a good solution. And I'm not sure that would be
very nice to upstream to distribute a mutilated version of the game.
In addition, I prefer not to think about the amount of work involved
in doing that ;-)...

  Cheers,

      Vincent