Re: Newer vegastrike : can we package that big ?

I demand that Vincent Fourmond may or may not have written...

> Simon Ruggier wrote:
>> On 4/12/08, Jens Seidel <jensseidel@users.sf.net> wrote:
>>> This would not help people without network connection. Maybe building
>>>  the data package from source (calling raytracers to generate images,
>>>  ...) would allow to rebuild the 500MB package in many hours from a 50MB
>>>  package which culd be distributed in Debian?
>> This is an acceptable option, if one wants to save space, but then it
>> puts a lot of CPU pressure on the buildds to regenerate the data.

> And is anyway not possible for vegastrike, as the sources are the
> texture files ;-)...

Tools like optipng and jpegoptim should help, particularly if you can
persuade upstream to use them. Short of that, using them to help create a
repacked source tarball should help somewhat (no, I don't have numbers).

| + Use more efficient products. Use less.          BE MORE ENERGY EFFICIENT.

You will overcome the attacks of jealous associates.