Re: clanbomber and clanlib

Hans de Goede wrote:
<snip>

I'm considering packaging:

* Trophy - 2D car racing game - http://trophy.sourceforge.net

This one looks nice. From the website: 24/05/2007 Trophy ported to ClanLib 0.8

Nice, upstream is alive again, excellent! (I guess you can tell now that I made this list quite some time ago, almost a year it seems).

Yeah, hard to keep up sometimes isn't it! :)

* Race - 3D top view racing game - http://race.sourceforge.net - warning
  upstream is dead

This looks interesting but the homepage says it uses clanlib 0.7 which wasn't even ever "released" was it?

It was as a development release leading to 0.8 (they use linux kernel versioning style), so I guess this could be easy to port to 0.8, or not, the amount of API changes in ClanLib between 0.6 and 0.8 was massive.

Yeah so I noticed in trying to build clanbomber with 0.8. ;-)

* ClanShip - battleship game
- web:
http://web.archive.org/web/20050305231257/www.swoogan.com/clanship.html - source: http://www.sourcefiles.org/Games/Strategy/Warfare/Battleships/ClanShip-1.0.5f.zip - warning upstream is dead
Looks like this one uses ClanLib 0.7.7 as well.

Then again, it could be easy to port to 0.8, or maybe not.

Regards,

Hans

I'm a little curious how you folks are carrying 0.6 and 0.8. Do they conflict? While 0.8 carries libclanCore-0.8.so.1 it still uses libclanCore.so for the symlink.

Thanks again!

Barry deFreese