Re: clanbomber and clanlib

Paul Wise wrote:
On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 4:10 AM, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@hhs.nl> wrote:

 My 2 cents (as a Fedora guy lurking here) keep both ClanLib-0.8 and 0.6, thats
 what we do (well actually I as I maintain both). We currently have 2 games
 using it: clanbomber and auriferous. And I know of a few other clanlib-0.6
 games which I'm consider packaging too.

auriferous looks cool. What are these other games?

I'm considering packaging:

* Trophy - 2D car racing game - http://trophy.sourceforge.net

* Race - 3D top view racing game - http://race.sourceforge.net - warning
  upstream is dead

* ClanShip - battleship game
- web:
http://web.archive.org/web/20050305231257/www.swoogan.com/clanship.html - source: http://www.sourcefiles.org/Games/Strategy/Warfare/Battleships/ClanShip-1.0.5f.zip - warning upstream is dead

Also for a long list of clanlib games (most 0.6, which is why I keep maintaining 0.6 in Fedora) see:
http://web.archive.org/web/20061006084619/http://www.clanlib.org/games.html

 Note auriferous is a nice loderunner like game, if you want to package it start
 with the Fedora package, lots of patches needed to get the c++ code to work
 properly with a modern gcc!

Upstream patch tracker seems to be missing your patches.

Yes, they do not appear to be using it, nor any of the sourceforge infra, except for the website. also upstream seems somewhat dead (as in no updates for ages despite lots of bugs). I think I've tried to contact them when I did the package but I'm not sure.

You can grab all my pathces here:
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/devel/auriferous/

I see a slumped most of them together in one big patch, anyways the -fixes patch contains both fixes to get it to compile with newer gcc's as a slew of real bugfixes (make it actually run instead of crash and burn all the time).

Regards,

Hans