Re: clanbomber and clanlib

Paul Wise wrote:
On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 5:24 PM, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@hhs.nl> wrote:

 Yes, they do not appear to be using it, nor any of the sourceforge
 infra, except for the website. also upstream seems somewhat dead (as in
 no updates for ages despite lots of bugs). I think I've tried to contact
 them when I did the package but I'm not sure.

 You can grab all my pathces here:
 http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/devel/auriferous/

 I see a slumped most of them together in one big patch, anyways the
 -fixes patch contains both fixes to get it to compile with newer gcc's
 as a slew of real bugfixes (make it actually run instead of crash and
 burn all the time).

It would be good idea to take over upstream if no-one is working on
it. Basically, either get in contact with upstream, or get sourceforge
to give you admin access to the project by registering a new project
with the same unix name as the project.

I agree, but I maintain over 200 packages in Fedora, of which many are games and many of those have a dead upstream. I don't have time to take over all those upstreams (releasing tarbals with fixes, updating webpages). Which is why I've subscribed to the debian-devel-games list, to get a dialog going and share patches (in both directions), thats the best I can do to avoid duplicate work. I also work closely together with for example packman (suse addon repo),

Regards,

Hans