Re: Again: Packages of FreeCol

Hi!

* Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> [070717 17:41]:

>> Worked like a charm for me with sun-java6; didn't tried with sun-java5,
>> yet.
> That would be a quite simple solution. :)

I created first experimental packages.  They are not ready for upload,
yet; especially they are neither lintian nor pbuilder clean (you need to
add non-free to your sources and set DEBIAN_FRONTEND=readline so
sun-java5-jdk can display its licence).

Beside the licence problems mentioned in the other mail, the package has
still some problems:

- I think it has some kind of mechanism to build HTML documentation, but
  it doesn't work... It should work by installing tex4ht and calling
  "ant online-manual".  I tried it... it takes cpu cycles, and I see
  latex output running through the screen.  After the build finished, I
  some some index files created and timestamps changed... But I can't
  find any documentation

- The game works only if there are three jar-Files in a special
  directory.  So far I havn't found out how to tell it to search for
  them at an other place. (I think it currently doesn't follow the java
  policy)

- I have no idea how those jars are build at all... Curently the package
  installs the shipped prebuild ones.

Packages are avaible in a couple of minutes at
http://people.debian.org/~tolimar/tmp/freecol/.

Please test them.  They are build with sun-java5-jdk and should run with
both the 5-jre and the 6-jre.

The freecol shellscript might fail to call the game, if your default
java is not the one by sun... currently I'm not sure how to test that
proberly... Hints welcome.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander

PS: Java is really strange... but the game is cool!