Re: mentoring new members (was: Re: prboom icon removed)

2007/10/29, Eddy Petrişor <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com>:
> On 29/10/2007, Miriam Ruiz <little.miry@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2007/10/29, Eddy Petrişor <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com>:
> >
> > > Except that you should stop top-posting?
> >
> > What's the problem with top-posting?
>
> I honestly think you are joking by asking this. But here is part of the answer:

I wasn't joking. I usually pick the option I consider more clear when
answering a mail. Sometimes I just feel that answering inline can be
quite confusing, depending on the mail, so I just write the answer on
its own. In those cases, if the original mail is short enough, I just
let that text in the bottom instead of removing it so it can help
readers to get the context if they get lost. Would you prefer me to
remove the original text in this context, instead of keeping it as an
addition? I usually prefer people keeping it when I have to read
mails, it makes my life easier and it won't hurt anyone, because those
who don't want to have it can just ignore it, but if you prefer me to
remove it it's no big deal.

Miry