Re: Our SVN layout is not that smart OR should we change the SVN layout? (take 2)

On 6/25/06, Jon Dowland <lists@alcopop.org> wrote:
Can this be summarised as changing the existing
        packages/foo/{trunk,branches,tags}
        packages/{trunk,branches,tags}/foo
?

If so, I can't see much of a problem with it, except it
prevents you from checking out a single packages trunk,
branches and tags independent from the others :) Swings and
roundabouts.

If such a thing is needed on a regular basis for a certain package, I
think we could add a directory which pulls in trunk, tags and branches
as externals ;-) , but I still have to proven that such a scenario
exists (except the backtracing or a bug, which is a special case).

EddyP