Our SVN layout is not that smart OR should we change the SVN layout? (take 2)

Hello all,

I have had complaints from Sam on IRC and I also faced a really
annoying limitation of SVN because of the currently chosen layout.

The main problem is that the current layout does not allow work on
multiple packages at once because, in order to get all trunk
directories at once, one will be forced to pull in also branches and
tags directories.

One of the goals of the team, IMO, is to have at least a common
standard for what should our packages provide, thus I feel that all
games should have correct watch files (where applicable) menu files
and desktop files.

Adding support for all of these at once for all packages it is nearly
impossible without filling the harddisk with all branches and
realeases of all the games.

Thus, I propose the following layout:

packages/
 trunk/
   abuse-frabs/
   abuse-lib/
   abuse-sdl/
   amphetamine/
   amphetamine-data/
   asc/
   asc-music/
   barrage/
   billard-gl/
   blockattack/
   boson/
       boson-base/
       boson-data/
       boson-music/
   [snip]
   wormux/
   xbat/
   xboing/
   xtux/
 tags/
   abuse-frabs/
   abuse-lib/
   abuse-sdl/
   amphetamine/
   amphetamine-data/
   asc/
   asc-music/
   barrage/
   billard-gl/
   blockattack/
   boson/
       boson-base/
       boson-data/
       boson-music/
   [snip]
   wormux/
   xbat/
   xboing/
   xtux/
 branches/
   abuse-frabs/
   abuse-lib/
   abuse-sdl/
   amphetamine/
   amphetamine-data/
   asc/
   asc-music/
   barrage/
   billard-gl/
   blockattack/
   boson/
       boson-base/
       boson-data/
       boson-music/
   [snip]
   wormux/
   xbat/
   xboing/
   xtux/
non-free/
  trunk/
      cube/
      oolite/
      oolite-data/
  tags/
  branches/

If there will be no oposition against this I will procede at doing it.

P.S.: shouldn't we add something like a "dropped" directory for the
likes of "cube"? I thought of deleting it, but it would have the risk
of people not reusing the work which has been done in case a new
voluteer appears.

EddyP