Re: About NM and Next Release

* Steve Lamb

|     Please use a standard quote character, which is >.  In that way
| pretty much any modern editor in the past, say, 10 years, can reflow
| quoted lines to fit within 80 characters.  72 was for the ~10 years
| before reflowing of quotes.

So it can if you use | or : or some other random character as well.
It's still a bit silly to have to reflow all your paragraphs at the
first quotation level, but whatever.

[...]

| > So, «core packages» go without love for long periods of time as
| > well, unfortunately.
|
|     Agreed.  My idea is that the experienced maintainers might do
| well to offload some of the rote packages to people who are just
| learning about it so more people, overall, get experience while at
| the same time freeing their time up to devote to the packages for
| which their experience is called for.

I think alioth will help with this, since it's then easier to set up a
shared CVS repository and give other people access to your package and
making it fairly easy to get both DDs and non-DDs to help out.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-