Re: About NM and Next Release

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 07:32:43 +0200
Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@raw.no> wrote:
> Somebody ITP-ed cpufreq a little time ago.  That's quite important if
> you are using a laptop (which a lot of DDs are) with ACPI and you
> don't want to burn all your battery.

> New tools get written all the time, many to fulfill a niche which
> wasn't there a year or two back.

    That is true, but that doesn't make the package "important" in the sense I
got from his message.  What I envisioned was core packages.  IE, things that,
without them, Debian would not run (libc?) or would leave a gaping hole that a
slew of people would miss (apache?).

    I ITP'd parchive2, have the package done and waiting on a sponsor.  I and
pretty much anyone else who decodes binaries off the newsgroups uses it.  I
don't believe it qualifies as important as he meant it even though it is
important to me.