Re: About NM and Next Release

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 17:23:17 +0100
Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 12:27:00AM +0300, Richard Braakman wrote:
> > Because you think it's an awesome group with laudable goals and you
> > want to contribute?

> TBH, that's a lousy reason to join Debian. Send a cheque or something.

    *cough*  Oh, right, we should hate Debian, loathe it before joining,
right?

> I'm not sure there are any good ones other than having some specific
> (technical, not political) things you want to see done and are willing
> to do. In that case, you won't have to be told to demonstrate stuff -
> you'll just do it, because you want to.

    Bull.  Do you know how many times people with d.o accounts will blast
others to "do something!"  Obviously this isn't enough yet it seems like
Debian doesn't want to encourage people who want to do the rarest of things...
contribute.