Re: oem-config for Debian

Hello,

On الأحد  5 تـمـوز 2015 23:00, Paul Wise wrote:> Great!

> Unfortunately we don't have any proper way to do generic images or OEM
> installs at this point in time, everything we have now (live images,
> cloud images) is basically very hacky. You might want to read my mails
> over the years about this:
>
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2013/12/msg00046.html
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2011/07/msg00694.html
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2013/03/msg00027.html
>
> Personally I think that to do this properly, there would need to be
> changes to dpkg, apt, debootstrap, debian-installer, debian-live,
> debian-cloud, QA stuff and many of the packages with maintainer
> scripts.

Thanks for the hints.

>> I don't know if Utnubu is still active
>
> Utnubu is no longer active, please check out this:
>
> https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

Thanks. I've already prepared several packages as part of Debian Med.
Here, I was just looking for a team/shared repository that might host
this package. I have no problem hosting it on my own website or just
uploading a source package to mentors, but Utnubu appeared to have an
alioth project that seemed relevant.

Anyway, I'm still not sure when I'll get to this, but I have a much
better idea of the project's scope now.

Many thanks and regards
Afif

--