Re: The status of desktop-base in wheezy

Hi,

First off: Congratulations to Adrien, for getting his Artwork picked.

Am 22.06.2012 schrieb Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@debian.org>:
> On ven., 2012-06-22 at 05:27 +0200, Ulrich Hansen wrote:
> > > As much as I hate that it has to be done like this, there's no
> > > other
> > realistic option atm, IMHO. And maybe there's a lesson learned, and
> > we try to be more proactive next cycle.
> >
> > That's what has been said last cycle.

as told on IRC, I feel like Ulrich, disappointed about the fact, that
there was no "fair" vote.
However...

> And debian-desktop wasn't able to organize a vote. Nobody stepped-in
> when I stepped-out (exactly because of what is happening to Paul, by
> the way) after Squeeze.
>
> There were a lot of interested people which submitted quite a few
> themes. But nobody took care of organizing the vote. And I agree with
> Paul, at one point it's just too late.

I agree. It's unfortunate and unfair to the artists, who
put a lot of work into the proposals, but I also don't think that
starting a last-minute poll (without a previous discussions) is
a good idea nor possible.

Paul stepped up, to at least do something, so that we have a fresh
looking wheezy. He should not be blamed for how things went, in
fact I think there is nobody to blame.

I am happy with the decision (the Joy theme). It's clean,
professionally done and fits well into Debian.
I'll be glad to help with the integration (especially into KDM/KDE).

Goodbye Spacefun, welcome Joy ;)

Best regards,

Eshat

--