Re: Alive and Kicking /WAS Re: The project is dead?

On 8/26/06, RalfGesellensetter <rgx@gmx.de> wrote:
Am Samstag 26 August 2006 18:47 schrieben Sie:
> So, all I say is: keep up the good work. Perhaps one day
> debian-desktop would have it's own target distribution in debian and
> we can all work together to deliver a better desktop to the world.

Dear Luis,

thank you for your comprehensive statement ;)

glad to be of service.

Splashy is defenitely a good point to have debian regain artists'
attention. In recent time, hard core debianists wiped away any desire
for graphical boot screens - and artists stuck to the desktop projects
KDE xor Gnome.

I like the way you used "xor" here. They are indeed mutually
exclusive. But, no need for flame wars now.

With framebuffers (just read about gpm and links2, and the new
dapperdrakeinstaller...) we can attract designers to contribure at very
low level of the debian system - i.e. before X jumps in.

BTW, my alioth account is ralfg-guest, feel free to add me to your
project if this enables me to contribute ;)

I added you to the project as a graphic designer. You do have commit
access to the svn. Just don't change the code because we are working
on getting it stable to release 0.2.x. There are other branches that
are being tested just taking different approaches and trying different
things (yep. even wild ideas). But "trunk" is pretty much where all
the real work gets done.
There is a themes-related tree which has a lot of themes contributed
by other people. You might like to see those as well.

--
Luis Mondesi

Kiskeyix.org

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and
you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" --
Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html