Re: Alive and Kicking /WAS Re: The project is dead?

Am Samstag 26 August 2006 18:47 schrieben Sie:
> So, all I say is: keep up the good work. Perhaps one day
> debian-desktop would have it's own target distribution in debian and
> we can all work together to deliver a better desktop to the world.

Dear Luis,

thank you for your comprehensive statement ;)

Splashy is defenitely a good point to have debian regain artists'
attention. In recent time, hard core debianists wiped away any desire
for graphical boot screens - and artists stuck to the desktop projects
KDE xor Gnome.

With framebuffers (just read about gpm and links2, and the new
dapperdrakeinstaller...) we can attract designers to contribure at very
low level of the debian system - i.e. before X jumps in.

BTW, my alioth account is ralfg-guest, feel free to add me to your
project if this enables me to contribute ;)

Regards
Ralf