Re: [nyast] Next steps and introduction of myself

Hi,
El lun, 22-11-2004 a las 22:53 +0100, Mario Fux escribió:
> Hello again
>
> Another important question for the beginning is:
>
> Do we want to fork YaST2 or do we intent to work together with Novell and try
> to bring our modifications back to the roots?
Actually my idea is not to migrate the whole thing but just those parts
which are worth to have available in debian, for example, I think that
it would be a complete waste of time to implement the package manager
having a great tool like synaptic, that makes no sense.

What we should do is getting a part of YaST2, let's say the network
configuration module, and try to make it work in debian, then another
part and so on, piece by piece. If, as Rumen said, even the core
depends on the rpms, part of the job will be to abstract the core from
it and remove that dependency, in any way we should mess up with rpm
stuff, at least that's my opinion :-)

Cheers!

Ramon

--