Re: can we find a Debian solution for Bootsplash?

* Tom von Schwerdtner (tvon@etria.com) disait :
> I have always preferred bootsplash over rhgb simply because with
> bootsplash you never see any console output, you go straight from the
> grub/lilo somewhat-graphical display to a perdy graphical boot.  With
> rhgb you tend to see a fair amount of console gibberish before the
> splash fires up.

Yep, bootspalsh [1] seems to be a good piece of software to look at,
the concept is nice to but it needs a patched kernel [2] and I wonder if
that would not be too much restrictive for a Debian inclusion ...

Anyway, it really looks great [3] ! :)

1 - http://www.bootsplash.org/index.html
2 - http://www.bootsplash.org/kernel.html
3 - http://www.bootsplash.org/silent-mode.jpg

--
Alexis Sukrieh <sukria@sukria.net>
 * Another Linux Debian Geek Enthusiast

 -* La citation de Dame Synchronicité *-

J'aime les hommes qui ont de l'avenir et les femmes qui ont un passé.
  	-+- Oscar Wilde -+-