Re: can we find a Debian solution for Bootsplash?

Tom von Schwerdtner wrote:
On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 08:57:09PM -0500, Matthew A. Nicholson wrote:

Hmm rhgb is a nice peice of software, it seems they have a list of things that happen built into the software that are announced as they happen. A quick glance over the source reveals a client/server arch in which the rhgb server is started and then starts X, upon which time gtk is used to do pretty stuff. Pretty intresting.

Just to toss in my $0.02.

I have always preferred bootsplash over rhgb simply because with
bootsplash you never see any console output, you go straight from the
grub/lilo somewhat-graphical display to a perdy graphical boot.  With
rhgb you tend to see a fair amount of console gibberish before the
splash fires up.

This is my only and major concern with userspace soultions...

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Matt-land.com