Re: can we find a Debian solution for Bootsplash?

Matthew P McGuire <gray@shadowglade.net> wrote:
> This also doesn't account for grub or lilo if you dual boot and need the
> boot selection menu. There are graphical options for lilo, but I do not
> know about grub.

GRUB has support for graphics in almost the same way as LILO.

Ross Burton <ross@debian.org> wrote:
> Wouldn't a complete init rewrite be a little over the top?  Porting rhbg
> from Fedora would be a far easier solution and it does look quite nice.
>
> http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/additional-projects/rhgb/
>
> Ross

As this would, at least, involve patching current init scripts (correct me if
I'm wrong) I think it's better to redesign the whole init system to get it
right. Anyway, RHGB on top of that new init system would be perfect.

(For those who want to use `bootsplash', maybe we could make a bootsplash
enabled kernel available? For the time being, that is.)

*/ Christoffer Sawicki <qerub@home.se>