Re: init systems?

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 7:07 AM, Klaus Knopper wrote:

> Because of attempting to keep complexity as low as possible, thus
> avoiding side-effect errors by automized parallelisms, Knoppix uses
> sysvinit with dependency fixes that allow co-existence with systemds
> library components now required by Debian, and just a few bash scripts
> for system startup instead of the entire /etc/init.d/* suite provided by
> packages.

That sounds a bit like file-rc.

> Plans for a Raspberry Pi Knoppix version are to use the (sysv-)init in
> busybox instead of systemd.

Interesting, I've never heard of the busybox init being used in normal
Linux distros. I'd be interested in hearing more about this.

> Knoppix (the Intel/AMD version) currently maintains its own sysvinit
> package based on the last working version found in Debian.

Is the sysvinit package that is still in Debian not working? If not it
would be great if you could file a bug.

> URL? (Just as a reminder to those who have not visited the page for a
> long time...)

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/Knoppix

If you could sync it with the template, that would be good as several
items have been added in semi-recent times:

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/CensusTemplate

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise