Re: init systems?

* Paul Wise [Thu Jun 09, 2016 at 10:40:22AM +0800]:
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 7:07 AM, Klaus Knopper wrote:

> > Because of attempting to keep complexity as low as possible, thus
> > avoiding side-effect errors by automized parallelisms, Knoppix uses
> > sysvinit with dependency fixes that allow co-existence with systemds
> > library components now required by Debian, and just a few bash scripts
> > for system startup instead of the entire /etc/init.d/* suite provided by
> > packages.

> That sounds a bit like file-rc.

file-rc is what Grml[.org] is using/used in the past and I took care
(with help and feedback of Andreas Henriksson + Martin Pitt) of
recent package uploads so file-rc plays together with sysvinit-core
+ init-system-helpers and can still stay in the Debian archive.

Though Grml is also in the process of moving towards systemd.

regards,
-mika-