Status mbox

Hello,

We've started an integration of Emacs, Gnus and Debbugs by using
SOAP. Library debbugs.el is already included into ELPA, and
soap-client,el is merged into Emacs trunk. Because the message log
support is incomplete in Debbugs/SOAP (no attachments), we consider an
alternative way to retrieve logs by dowloading 'maintainer's mbox' from
debbugs server and opening it in MUA (Gnus, RMAIL, etc.).

My question is about status mbox. What the status mbox is intended for?
I've compared 'mbox folder' and 'status mbox' - they are always
identical.