Re: small patch for dakdb update scripts

On Sat, 04 Apr 2009, Allan Lyons wrote:
> > Can you be more specific in the problem that you're seeing ?
>
> I get a key error on line 61 of update4.  suites is empty since the
> table is empty at that point.  However, Cnf.SubTree("Suite").List()
> returns something.

That's not a problem as long as Suite::<suite>::Architectures doesn't
exist. And it doesn't exist in the config files in the repository.

> > update4 fills in suite_architecture based on the architecture table and
> > and the suite table.
> >
> > But if you do that before init-db, both tables should be empty and it
> > shoul do nothing basically.
>
> Unless I'm reading it wrong, I thought that it was getting the suite
> names to insert from the config file, not the tables.

Oh, right, it only reads the table to get the name -> id mapping.

> > init-db fills all tables (suite_architecture, architecture and suite)
> > based on the configuration (and assumes the DB is empty).
>
> There still must be something odd.  When I try it with debian/dak.conf,
> suite_architecture stays empty.  Is it getting filled for you?

Only if you have all the patches from my bugfixes branch, this one in
particular:
http://git.debian.org/?p=users/hertzog/dak.git;a=commitdiff;h=0262c823195e0e3334db1a554c7062e94ea01c62

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/