Re: small patch for dakdb update scripts

On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 08:36:26AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Apr 2009, Allan Lyons wrote:
> > While starting to learn about dak, I've started with a clean database.
> > A couple of the schema update scripts don't work one new databases.  It
> > is a fairly small patch.  The patch is available at
> > git://git.wycliffe.ca/dak.git on branch lsdev.  You can see the patch at
> > http://git.wycliffe.ca/dak.git/?p=dak.git;a=commit;h=4ba4d71ab519637980ed4d88c5153bab4d1b74f1
>
> I already submitted something similar here:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-dak/2009/03/msg00005.html

Thanks for pointing that out.  I hadn't seen that message.  It would have saved me some time had I seen it earlier or if it had been
merged already.

The only issue with your patch that I see is with the change to README.first.  If I start a new database with what I think is a mostly
complete dak.conf file, then dak update-db fails when updating from schema 3 to 4 if I run it before dak init-db.  If I run init-db
before update-db, then there are no errors reported.

Or am I doing something wrong?

Allan.